Monday, April 23, 2007

Eurofuturecup 2007

Today, my last years boss called me and asked me whether I wanted to work at the Eurofuturecup again. This is a soccer-tournament in which teams from whole Europe take part. Last year, there were teams from Germany(Bayer Leverkusen), France(Lille), Croatia(Dynamo Zagreb), Italy(AS Roma), England(Liverpool and Bolton), the Netherlands... Of course I agreed, for various reasons. First of all because of the lovely boys. Last year, I was with a team from Bolton, and the boys were great. They were so well-mannered, I couldn't believe it! I've never seen 8 or 9 year old boys with such good manners... And furthermore, they were just sooooooo cute!


My job basically was to help them whenever there were problems, especially when there were language-barriers. Although there were a lot of other problems as well, i.e. when the bus left without the boys, or when there was no food prepared for them...

So I accompanied them to the soccer-pitch, I stayed with them at their hotel, I went on excursions with them... Excursions with the boys were always great. When we drove to Italy, we drove through the Kanaltal, and the boys were so astonished by all those mountains that they asked me if one of them was Mount Everest. Cute, isn't it?


Of course, spending the whole day with kids can be quite exhausting, especially at their age. It was their first time away from home, so you had to keep them active the entire day if you wanted to prevent them from getting homesick.

The first day was really hard, the boys didn't know me, and everything was very new to them, they had had a long, long day (their flight had been delayed and there was a traffic-jam on their way from Italy to Carinthia), and many of them cried because of their first night without parents.

But on the second day, things got a lot better and I loved being with them. They asked lots and lots of questions, and the coaches of the team were great as well. I had the feeling that they really appreciated my work.

When the boys went back home, they gave me presents, picked flowers for me... I'm really looking forward to seeing them again :)

But I have to say that I was really lucky because I worked with this team... Other teams weren't as enjoyably to work with...


Another reason for working there again is, of course, the possibilty to practice my English.


And last but not least: I love soccer, and I love being on the soccer-pitch, so a job on this location is perfect for me ;)

And I love children... I love the way they take things so easy... They couldn't speak another language but their mothertongue, and still managed to communicate with boys from the other teams...
I'm really looking forward to it :)


No comments: