Thursday, April 19, 2007

Guess Who!

Inspired by yesterdays article about interracial marriage, I decided to watch a movie about this topic as well.

The movie was called "Guess Who" and it was hilarious. My flatmates will probably consider me crazy since I was laughing all the time although I was alone in my room, but do I care? Not really...


The storyline can easily be summarized: Theresa (Zoe Saldana) and Simon (Ashton Kutcher) want to announce their engagement and therefor visit Theresa's parents. The only problem: Theresa is black and didn't tell her family that her boyfriend is white, and this little detail really upsets her father. Of course, he is against this relationship, and tries to manipulate it. When Percy, Theresa's father, finds out that Simon quit his job and didn't tell Theresa, Percy tells Theresa who is very upset and wants to break the engagement.


In short: A lot of turbulences and a happy end after all.



It's a nice movie, in no way demanding, but it offers many good laughs, and of course: Ashton Kutcher is always worth watching a movie ;)

No comments: